Pages

8.05.2013

continued...

I dropped off the radar for a while there, didn't I? I have to say, I misjudged bloggers who blamed instagram for killing their blog...welp, now I understand and am also a guilty party. Also, I didn't have a camera there for a while, besides my old ipod and Franco's iphone. I didn't deem a lot of those pictures worthy to be displayed on the web! =} Go ahead, call me a grainy-and-blurry-picture snob.

So, summer. Goodness, where do I start? It's been a glorious and easy month and a half. We made a few trips up the coast to visit family and meet friends in fun places, but mostly we have stayed up late, slept in, explored, watched a bunch of movies, and really, truly relaxed. Some days I would feel guilty because I felt too relaxed, as if I should be doing something actually productive? But then I would remember how hectic life gets when school is in session and how I should enjoy this while I can, and so I'd go back to lounging on the couch with my love or catching up on past season's tv episodes.

In and around all that lounging and relaxing, we did manage to accomplish a lot of the things on our summer bucket list, most of which I've documented on instagram. Here are just a few:
  • watch a movie at the drive-in (Despicable Me 2)
  • blow bubbles
  • pick berries at a farm
  • go to the zoo (in Santa Barbara, with our friends the Stotts)
  • fun park (Disneyland=Me & Six Flags=Franco)
  • make lemonade from scratch (multiple times.)
  • sleep with the windows open
Franco starts school in a few days and we're soaking up every last second.We had family over a couple weekends ago to celebrate my brother Charlie's birthday. Isn't family time the best? I think so.

No comments: