Pages

11.01.2012

Autumn-Themed Outdoor Dinner Party

Husband Franco & Me

I've wanted to start monthly, rotating, themed dinner parties with some friends for a while now, but never took the initiative to plan one. Finally, while talking about it with my friend Nichole in August, I committed to host the first one at the end of September. I designed invitations, letting the elegant gold script font set the tone for the rest of the party. Nichole and I pinterest-ed our ideas and put them all together at what I call a dinner party success!

 The conversation was lively. The food was delicious. The night was magical. We caught up with old friends, and made new ones. It was a night to remember and I look forward to repeating it!

Dinner Party Details:

Invitations
      Designed by me.

Where
      Right outside our triplex building in our long cement driveway. It was a perfect location for it since it was close to our front door--to ferry the warm food in and out--and the weather was just right. (I wish we had thought to remove the trash cans so they wouldn't be in the background of the top picture...)

Decor:
      I rented the white folding chairs and two white rectangle tablecloths from one of the many inexpensive party rental places here in Pomona. We used two folding tables and put them together to form one long table. Everything else on the table came from my party decoration collection, from the milk glass vases to the mason jars to the bamboo place mats my friend brought me from Thailand. Nichole put the finishing touches by adding the bejeweled napkin rings, the "Love" tags on the jars, the battery-powered candles, and the pine cones. I bought the plates, flatware, and napkins from Target. The stripey straws are from Garnish.

Centerpieces: The big bouquet of flowers is from Trader Joe's. I grouped different colorful vegetables for the other centerpieces, a less expensive and useful alternative to flowers. And I got to cook with them afterwards.

Food:
    appetizers // 
      -amazing bruschetta (by Nichole)
      -greek olives
      -brie & crackers garnished with fresh figs
      -ham
    drinks //
      -Izze sodas
      -homemade lemonade
    main dishes //
      -rosemary & thyme roasted chicken
      -roasted fingerling potatoes
      -steamed haricot verts
      -strawberry spinach salad with vinaigrette (by Nichole)
    dessert //
      -strawberry popovers (prepared by Kristen)
      -ice cream cones (by Mike & Nichole)


all food was prepared by me, with help from the other guests. for most of the recipes, see my pinterest board "dinner parties."

*Thank you, Mike & Nichole, Joel & Kristen, Levi & Andy, and Franco for coming and helping out! Hope you had as much fun as we did. xo

2 comments:

Karina Arshad, Kaza Design, LLC. said...

ohhh, that looks amazing!!! from the decorations to the food!!! Love it!!
-wish we lived closer : )

Olivia Carter said...

Wow! I also wish I lived closer so I could finagle an invite to one of these parties. Just gorgeous!