Pages

3.14.2011

Ferends

Moving plans are well under way! We've already begun packing, mostly because our lease is up next month and to renew for a quarter would have put us into the middle of July. Seeing that Franco starts August first, we decided to move in at my parent's house for a couple of months. Anyone interested in a charming studio apartment in Camarillo pending vacancy in April? Let me know!

I'm grateful my family is willing to spare their downstairs t.v. room  for a spell while we get everything in order by July. July...that's only three and a half months away. I can't believe it's almost here! It's like our world is turning upside down, but in a good way. I've internet-scouted the area and found an Ikea, an H&M, a XXI Forever, a Target and a Trader Joe's all within seven miles of where we want to live. Everything I need all in one place. I'm a happy woman.

We've been getting together every weekend with friends for dinner and/or games now that Franco doesn't have to study all the time. Last Sunday, we spent all day after church at our friends the Coons' eating delicious panuchos and playing games. The Laws were also there and we enjoyed some laughs as we watched their little ones interact with one another. I spent the better half of seven hours carrying the Coons' one-month-old daughter and observing the expressions she made with her tiny lips and eyes. She's such a doll.

I'm sorry for my lack of pictures lately. I rarely take photos with my point-and-shoot anymore because it never takes pictures the way I want it to. Blame it on the SLR's I've been working with more and more lately. I tried last night and these are the best I got. Thank goodness the subjects were pretty nice-looking. =)
I also found an excellent recipe for Sunshine Orange Cake. I'll share the recipe download tomorrow. It's the simplest cake I've ever made, and also the freshest. Everyone had seconds without hesitation. Now that's a successful dessert if I ever knew one!

'Til tomorrow, then!

p.s. Meghann and Shantel, thank you for your recommendation of Lark Rise to Candleford. I'm halfway through the third episode and it's wonderful!

No comments: