Pages

1.31.2011

Rest Your Head Close To My Heart, Never To Part, Baby Of Mine.

I had the joy of helping out with my good friend Susie's baby shower last weekend. I had the job of coming up with decorations while the other two wonderful hostesses, Jana and Emily, did the hard parts! I took inspiration from here and kind of went with it the best I could. Susie is very stylish and chic {as you can tell from the pictures} so I wanted to have a somewhat elegant flair using the bold colors magenta and black, while keeping a girly, playful quality since she's having a baby girl in March.

One of the coolest parts was the idea that Emily found for the menu: omelettes in a bag. They were delish and so simple! {side note: I'm going to show Franco how to make them because it would be an easy recipe for scout campouts throughout the year.} Definitely going to try those again.

It was fun, we enjoyed good company, and it went off without a hitch! I love when that happens.
The decorations were pretty simple:
-tissue paper poms and paper pinwheels
-damask wrapping paper and ribbon from Michael's
-crepe paper
-pink silk flowers from the dollar store and a couple branches from a tree in Emily's front yard
The pink and black banner said "It's a girl!" and it was made from the damask wrapping paper and pink fabric I already had. I found the circle letter designs somewhere and glued them on the triangles. Easy peasy.
I scored on these frame decals from the dollar bin at Michael's. I already had chalkboard paper from the dollar store, so I cut it to fit the frame and stuck it on the wall.
Don't tell Susie, but the three wooden plaques I made her cost me a whopping $4.50 at the clearance section at Target. I painted them pink and Mod Podged a design I made and printed out. I hope baby Sofia will like them!
Thanks for joining us, ladies!

3 comments:

emily barlocker scott said...

Where was I? I didnt even hear about this!

emily barlocker scott said...

p.s. cute decorations.

anelieze castrejon said...

i know! where were you?? i didn't send out the invites, susie and her sis-in-law did, so i didn't get to see the guest list. :( we'll have to do one for you soon, so start making your guest list now so you don't forget anyone!

loves!