Pages

1.06.2010

One More Movie Watched During Break: Avatar



AVATAR
Can't believe I forgot to post about Avatar.
We took Mayra & Jonathan on a double date to watch it the day after Christmas, I believe.
We didn't watch it in 3-D, and honestly, I'm glad we didn't.
It was trippy enough watching it in it's normal version.
Wow. It was nothing like I expected.
I liked Sam Worthington {the main blue guy} in Terminator: Salvation
and I was happy to see he was in this movie.
Backtrack.
We check Apple Trailers daily and watched the trailer for this movie a long time ago.
My first thought: Why are they blue?
My lil brother saw it a couple of weeks before me and said you get used to them being blue.
I object. You don't get used to it.
It's so...surreal, all throughout the 3 hour movie.
There are flourescent plants and animals and the "Pandorans" speak a...different....language, and they connect their tails to everything.
One hour before the movie ended I thought it was over.
But then they were talking about having another battle.
I was like, "What? It's not over yet?"
So despite all these different things, which should have made me hate this movie,
I liked it a lot.
Maybe because Franco & his brother loved it. Loved it.
For me, it was the story and the double meaning of it that made me like it.
The acting was really good and there were some really funny parts.
I could do without the tails. That was strange.
But it is one of the biggest grossing movies of all time.
I have to give it some credit.

No comments: