Pages

9.29.2008

Review Of A Movie

We went out with our friends Ela & Larry (Hi!) on Saturday night to see Eagle Eye. I remember first seeing the trailer for it months ago and thinking, Gee, that's a movie I'm not going to see. Plus, I thought it was going to be R-rated, so it definitely wasn't on my must-see list. Anyway, there wasn't anything else we wanted to see this weekend, so we thought we'd give it a chance. I like Shia LaBeouf's acting, so I thought it couldn't be that bad. Bottom line, I really liked it. I'm not one for big action movies, especially if there are going to be BIG explosions and gun fights, but I really like suspenseful movies that'll keep you "on your toes," as Ela described it. It had the perfect blend of seriousness (good plot line), and action (no gory scenes), and a good heroic ending.

*A little spoiler alert*

The only thing I found strange was that the plot to kill the president in Eagle Eye was strangely similar to the assassination plot in Get Smart. Hmm. The president should probably not go to any music concerts soon.

No comments: