Pages

2.10.2010

"Oh, The Places You'll Go": A Dr. Seuss-Themed New Beginnings Night.

It was held last night, Tuesday, at 7 p.m. I didn't get out of there until almost 10 p.m. but it was worth it and it went so smoothly. Take a look!

The candybar was a hit!
We even got some young men coming in to get a treat.

The mastermind behind the theme: Tacey Burnham.
I couldn't have done it without these awesome girls, and Heidi + Janet, and the other angels who pitched in when I was in a panic. Short version of a long story: we were going to use real balloons but one of the moms is allergic, so literally at the last minute we had to make balloons. They're the weird-shaped orbs hanging on the wall: plastic tablecloths filled with batting!
Whew...I need a rest.

4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh goodness gracious! That is AMAZING! No, seriously it looks great! Good job!

Heidi said...

Your many, many hours of hard work really paid off. The room looked awesome. I wish everyone could have spent more time in there so they could appreciate your work. You handle stress very well. I think I would have thrown in the towel after all the last minute changes you had to do. Thank you for a memorable night!

Anonymous said...

I just found this blog. I had the idea to do a new beginnings with this theme a few months ago. Can you tell me what you did for your program? Speakers or activities?

Thank you,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I forgot to give you my email....clpescado@gmail.com
Brain is fried!!!!